InterTradeIreland, in partnership with the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA), will deliver a half-day supplier engagement event on Tuesday 1 October in the Citywest Convention Centre.
Focusing on local government opportunities in the greater Dublin and surrounding areas, the event is being managed and co-ordinated with the following councils:
- Dublin City Council
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
- Fingal County Council
- Kildare County Council
- Louth County Council
- Meath County Council
- South Dublin County Council
- Wicklow County Council
Procurement staff from these eight councils have come together over the past few months and liaised with their budget holders, engineers, emergency services and decision makers to identify potential procurement opportunities that will arise over the next 18-24 months under the following categories:
- Corporate Services and Housing
- Emergency Services
- Roads, Transportation, Marine & General Service
- Water Services (Irish Water)
- Community, Sports, Arts and Recreation
- Finance & ICT
- Green Energy
They now wish to meet with suppliers (new or existing) with tried and tested products or new innovative ideas, in these sectors, to see how they can deliver these services and ensure the invitation to tenders reflects the market place.
This event on 1 October will represent an opportunity for participants to provide early input into contracting approaches and service delivery models.
The event also aims to provide attendees with the opportunity to:
- Speak to procurement staff from the councils to learn about procurement processes and existing tender opportunities.
- Speak to representatives from the council’s local enterprise office and SME government and industry bodies in a business support zone, and
- Attend information sessions including: eTenders.gov.ie, Consortia Development and Brexit
For all queries contact Joanne English on 048-9039-3837 or email: email@example.com